The Budd's

Friday, October 26, 2012

Greetings from the Budds

Well, I know it has been a long time since I last posted. I would like to say it's because I have been super busy making something creative, doing charity work, or learning something. But I am not gonna lie, I have a serious addiction....it's getting really bad, I sometimes don't get anything done because of it. I am addicted to Pinterest! At least we have had some really dinners because of it!

Anyway, it is time for a much needed update. We have had lots going on in our little family. We are doing very well and chugging along. So here goes.

Lexi





Lexi started second grade in August and is doing amazing! She loves to read and do her spelling. It amazes me the difficult things they are teaching in second grade now! She is on another competition dance team this year and is getting really good. She is learning lots of technique and really doing well with her tumbling. She is also doing a solo this year and has been practicing a lot. So between all of the dance stuff, she has practice three days a week including her solo. She is a busy  little thing. Her favorite things to watch on TV are Good Luck Charlie, and iCarly. She is such a good girl. Although, she is starting to get a little bit of an attitude and is now starting to talk back to Cameron and I. I don't know what we are going to do about that! 


Quinn





Quinn started preschool in September and really loves it. She goes four days a week and loves the social aspect of it. She also goes to Shriner's for therapy every other week and she loves it there. She had some Botox injections last week and it should help her muscles to have less tone. We haven't been able to notice a difference yet, but they said it would take at least week for it to take effect. She was so funny for the nurses and they were laughing at her the whole time. When she was coming out of the anesthetic she told the nurse..." Pretty sure, I need to get out of this bed!" What a character! She is a funny little thing and keeps us on our toes. She is finally to the point where she will actually sit down and watch a movie. This is huge because she usually likes to spend her time under my feet! She is a very emotional little three year old. Sometimes if you even look at her she bursts into tears and informs you that you hurt her feelings! 



Hudson




Hudson is now nine months. I can't believe it! He is so funny and has the cutest personality! He does the army crawl and gets into lots of mischief. He is 19 lbs. 8 oz and 29 inches long. He is HUGE! He likes to giggle and laugh and spend time cuddling with me. He loves to eat his rice cereal, but isn't a huge fan of the jarred baby food. He will eat his veggies but won't touch the fruits. He has CRAZY curly hair...it is out of control! I keep saying I want to cut it, but I have been threatened on my life. He looks exactly like Cameron did when he was a baby. Identical baby pictures. 


We bought a camp trailer a few weeks ago and took it to the Sand Dunes for our first trip. It was so much fun! I am so excited to camp next summer! Cameron and I have just been working away. I am down to working only two nights now, which is really nice because we spend our nights at home having a good dinner (thanks to Pinterest). And then we do homework, give the kids baths, do bedtime and then sit down and watch our shows. It's awesome! Recently I have been asked why I like to stay home so much, and why I never want to get together for Girls Night. Here is my answer, I absolutely love being home. There are some days when I will stay home all day and all night without leaving. I like to get together with the girls once in a while, but truthfully, I just like to spend time with my family. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing life. I have a most wonderful husband who is so good to me, and three beautiful, amazing children. Why would I need to go looking for a good time anywhere else? 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Hudson is getting so big! I haven't seen him in person for a long time! What a sweetheart! Your girls are beautiful and Quinn cracks me up.
    I feel the same way about staying home. I was just telling my sister the exact same thing. I asked her if something was wrong with me that I am PERFECTLY content with staying home! I was assured I am okay, and I think you are right as well. Why go anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete