The Budd's

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gone with the Wind

Last winter I read this...

<em>Gone with the wind</em> [<em>Book</em>]

and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
I love to read, and especially Historical Fiction.
This is by far my favorite book.

Last weekend my Grandma Bonnie invited my sisters, my Aunt Shellie and I to watch it and have a slumber party. It was so much fun! We ate Hawaiin Haystacks, Strawberry Cheesecake and got up in the morning and had crepes. The movie is almost 4 hours long, and I couldn't get enough of it! My Grandma has always loved it and bought the book for me last winter thinking I would never read it. Oh but I did, I read all 1100 pages of it in about 3 weeks. It was fun to sleep at her house again since I haven't since I was a teenager. (Yes, I slept over even though I live a block away)


One of my favorite scenes, after Scarlett and Rhett get back from their honeymoon in New Orleans.

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

I love how Scarlett is so strong. I would like to think that I could be as strong as her. She knew what she had to take care of and she did whatever she had to do to take care of it. I would like to think that her and Rhett do end up together because she always seems to find a way to get what she wants.



No comments:

Post a Comment