The Budd's

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November

I love November. It is one of my very favorite times of year. I love the weather, I love the time change, I love that my little Quinn celebrates her birthday, I love Thanksgiving and I love that 8 years ago on November 12, I married my best friend! So again, I LOVE NOVEMBER. But I have been a little frustrated the last six days of this November 2012. The day after Halloween, we saw on TV a Christmas commercial. On Saturday November 3rd we ventured to Kneaders for breakfast. They have the best breakfast by the way. Anyway...they were playing Christmas music. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Something that has been brought to my attention the last few years is that Thanksgiving, one of my very favorite holidays, is getting run over. How unfair to the great Holiday of giving thanks! It is now instead of a time to get together with your family and having a great meal and being thankful, a time to go shopping and get a great bargain on things. Bitch please....is it worth standing in hour long lines and fighting with people to save a few bucks? I am not going to lie, I have been one of those crazy people who have ventured out on Black Friday, or even Thanksgiving night. But here and now, on this the 6th day of November 2012, I vow to celebrate Thanksgiving, and not let it get run over by Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. While I do absolutely love Chritmas, I have to agree that I feel like Thanksgiving gets pushed to the back burner. I feel like the day after Thanksgiving is the perfect time to start enjoying the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete